About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mother. I am Catholic. Over the past several years, I have found myself becoming a more "liberal" thinker. Not agreeing with many conservative policies, legislation, and decisions makes me neither "unAmerican" nor "unpatriotic". I find it pathetically laughable that individuals are placing the blame for the declining moral climate of our country on gay marriage. I believe that the No Child Left Behind Act is completely unrealistic and destructive to our already weakening public education system. I believe that education should be a privilege rather than a right. I believe in saying ma'am and sir. I believe in saying please, thank you, and you're welcome. I believe in tipping, and tipping well. I do not believe in using the Bible as a means to persecute and discriminate against others. I believe the pen is mightier than the sword. I believe that we should be teaching our youth the dangers of unprotected and unsafe sex, not shielding them from reality. I believe that brunettes have more fun! I believe that LSU in the greatest school in the world - Geaux Tigers :)

Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow - I can't believe I haven't been on here since Liam joined our little family. Liam Patrick Mahan was born on November 1, 2010 at 6:30pm. He weighed 7lb 3oz and was 19 and 1/2 inches long. I was induced at 37 weeks due to pre-eclampsia concerns, but Liam was perfectly beautiful and healthy and we were able to go home together two days after he was born.

Here's a pic taken the night before Liam was born... My sister is a great photographer :)

And here Sean meets Liam for the first time. Sean has proven to be an AWESOME big brother. He is very protective of Liam, and has not shown once ounce of jealousy (which I worried about). He gets mad at me if Liam cries :)


















No comments: